Jupiter Dental Patient Safety
Times have changed, and so have the ways we’re implementing how we maintain your and our team’s safety. We’ve always gone above and beyond to follow all recommendations and protocols for sterilizing our office and dental equipment. Now, we’re raising the bar even higher to enhance safety and prevent the spread of disease.
At Jupiter Dentistry, we have five focus areas for overall office and patient safety.
1. Sterilization of Instruments and Handpieces Used for Patients – We follow strict guidelines as specified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Dental Association (ADA), stating that all these tools are subjected to a three-step sterilization process:
- We remove debris, protein, and microorganisms using an EPA-registered, hospital-grade detergent.
- After cleaning, we ultrasonically disinfect all instruments for at least 30 minutes before drying them and placing them in a sealed pouch.
- We place the sealed pouch into the pressurized autoclave at 270° F for 30 minutes for complete sterilization.
2. Disinfection of all Facility Equipment and Surfaces – We’ve used a two-step method to disinfect our equipment and surfaces in the past, but now we’re adding a third step. This surpasses the CDC and ADA recommendations.
We've added modern UV or ultraviolet light disinfection technology that’s highly effective at killing all:
Our team also cleans all equipment and surfaces using a hospital-grade cleaning solution. From there, we wipe them down with an EPA-registered chemical disinfectant. Finally, we disinfect treatment rooms again, utilizing UV light between each patient’s appointment.
3. Controlling Aerosol Water Spray – Our office has added new measures to diminish how much aerosol water spray gets emitted from our handpieces and ultrasonic scalers. We’ve added extraoral suction devices to all treatment rooms in our office. By incorporating this technology, we can eliminate 99.9% of all aerosols, bacteria, or viruses from entering the air.
4. Air Quality in Our Facility – Our air conditioning systems are set up with UV light bulbs that can kill:
Jupiter Dentistry also has portable hospital-grade air purifiers capable of filtering out 99.9% of all airborne particulate matter. They completely clean out the air in the office four times every hour.
5. Water Quality Used for Our Patients – Most dentists don’t test their water lines, so it’s common for biofilm or bacteria to build up there. We’ve added charcoal filtration and UV disinfection to our water lines to effectively filter out and eliminate 99.9% of particles or potential contaminants.
At Jupiter Dentistry, we make sure we’re ahead of the rest when it comes to caring for you, your family, and our staff. Our team takes pride in providing the utmost attention and effort to all health and safety measures. By practicing far beyond CDC and ADA guidelines, we’re confidently offering you the highest level of care available in modern Florida dentistry.