If your jaw hurts when you chew or when you speak, if it pops, or if you are experiencing pain in your mouth at all you may suffer from TMJ disorder. Fortunately, there are ways we can help alleviate the pain and even treat the condition.
For many years now, Dr. Jessica Wyatt and Dr. Jay Ajmo have helped patients in Jupiter, FL and as far away as Europe overcome pain issues related to their TMJ. Dr. Ajmo holds a mastership from the prestigious Misch Implant Institute and is a diplomate of the renown ICOI and ABOI. If your TMJ requires surgical intervention, he is happy to refer you to the doctors he trusts the most, doctors who share the same patient-centered philosophy as him.
Schedule your consultation today to start your journey toward a new, enhanced, pain-free standard of living.
Symptoms of TMJ Disorder
TMJ disorder is not something many Americans know about until they are diagnosed, but jaw pain is common. Symptoms to be aware of include, but are not limited to:
- Headaches and/or migraines
- Earaches or a seemingly permanent, chronic ringing (called tinnitus)
- Clicking or popping when using the jaw
- Frequent discomfort and/or pain around the jaw, the temples, or the side of your face
- Unexplained neck or shoulder pain